If you are an educator (in a public or private school) these resource will help you connect your students with the Library's services. If you are an educator at a pre-school or daycare, check out our 6 by 6 program for Books to Go kits that include books and activities on a theme appropriate for your classroom.
If you are an educator at a preschool or daycare check out our 6 by 6 page for booklists, fingerplays and storytime kits. Our 6 by 6 Books to Go kits include selected books and activities on a theme appropriate for preschoolers.
Getting Materials for your Classroom
School Librarians and Media Specialists at elementary, middle and high schools in Johnson County can get books for students and teachers through our ILL department. You may request any title that is currently available on the shelf.
Access to Library Databases and Homework Help
Brainfuse HelpNow provides live online tutoring daily from 2 – 11 p.m. at no charge charge to Library card holders. These professional tutors can guide your students in Kindergarten through college in an array of academic subjects including AP and standardized test prep, plus access study resources 24/7.
Looking to invite a library staff member to your classroom? We can visit with students or teachers to:
- talk about databases and library resources that might be useful in an upcoming research project
- give engaging booktalks geared toward any grade-level
- partner with you to co-facilitate an after-school club
Email us to schedule a visit!
The Library partners with schools and teachers on several special projects:
- Race Project KC: an initiative to discuss race and segregation in the Kansas City metro area. Reach out to us if you have questions or want to get involved.
- elementia: the Library's teen literary magazine published every April. Contact elementia to learn more about workshops and classroom visits.
- Author Visits: throughout the year we host visits from authors in partnership with local schools. Email us to find out about our schedule of upcoming authors and their availability to visit your classroom.
Have other questions about how we can help you? Please email us!