Give your support by getting involved with The Johnson County Library Foundation.
The Johnson County Library Foundation’s purpose is to build an endowment fund for the Library’s collection and to secure financial support for life-long learning programs offered at Johnson County Library. Those programs include:
- 6 by 6 Ready to Read early literacy in English and en Español
- Incarcerated Services for Teens
- Homework Help after-school program
- MakerSpace - S.T.E.A.M. activities
- Civic Engagement for issues in the community
- Summer Reading programs for all ages
- elementia – teen literary program
- Writers Programs for local writers
Give Your Library materials for our book sales and bookstores.
Most of our Libraries can accept small donations - about the amount that would fit in a grocery bag. Please don't deliver donations to DeSoto, Edgerton, Lackman, Monticello, or Spring Hill.
Generously large donations - more than a bag - are best delivered by appointment to the Friends Donation Sorting Center in Overland Park. You can reach us at (913) 492-4791. Sorry - at this time, we simply cannot pick up donations.
From their bustling headquarters at Pine Ridge Business Park – seen above - the Friends of Johnson County Library plan and carry out a variety of yearly activities. Three full-time staff and a corps of volunteers manage book donations, fulfill membership renewals, oversee Internet sales and schedule operations of three Library-based bookstores. In a given year, the Friends physically handle more than 483,900 pounds of gently worn books and AV items.
- Hardback and paperback books for any age
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- "Coffee table" picture books on any subject
- DVD movies and instructional videos
- Music and books on CD
- Cookbooks, craft books
- Auto repair manuals
- Instruction books
- Religious books of all kinds
- Blank journals
- LP albums (accepted only at sorting center)
- Jigsaw puzzles
No, thank you
- VHS tapes
- No appliances
- Home-recorded audiovisual items
- Encyclopedias more than 10 years old
- Items that are defaced, damaged, deteriorating or have missing pages.
Call and we'll talk you through it
Friends Donation Sorting Center, (913) 492-4791